Calling Cards Online - How to Choose
History of a calling card (phone card) has begun from the vandalism of payphones, which was caused by a shortage of coins
in Italy in 1975. The first magnetic strip phone card was made so people wouldn't need to use coins to make a call. This kind of
service is getting more and more popular because the rates are decreasing faster in this area than in a post billed phone call
service. Only for the last six years, the rates on calls with cheap prepaid international calling cards reduced by 70% for some destinations.
Phone cards benefits:
- Calling from any phone, including cellular, home,
office, dorm, and payphone.
- Calling you need wherever you are.
- PINless calling - skip entering your PIN number when making calls.
- Recharging in seconds. You can recharge your account in seconds or enable
automatic recharging, and always you have minutes available.
- Control over expenses. You can gain the control to customize your billing increments using
automatic recharge option.
How does it work:
- Choose a calling card online.
- Sign up using the secure registration form and pay with your credit/debit cards securely online.
- Receive PIN number and instructions to the screen and a copy to your e-mail address and start talking instantly.
Thus, when you purchase a phone card, you get no thing sensible by hands, but the possibility to make calls. You are
paying for long distance connection time in advance, and what's more -- with options associated with this card. Since the process
completes very quickly, you can start making your calls instantly.
There are a lot of calling cards those differ in name, design, some
features, including various fees, validity period, rounding, etc. In this article, we will briefly define some terms:
- Permanent PIN is a refillable/rechargeable PIN. Each time when you add money to a card you recharge the same PIN
- The monthly charge is a periodic charge imposed by phone cards and might happen if there is a residual value left on
your card at the end of the period. It can be monthly, semi-monthly or weekly, starting from the day you first use your card.
- A maintenance fee is charged to maintain services for some phone cards.
- A connection fee is charged anytime there is a connection. It ranges from $0.50 to $2.25.
- The validity period is some months. Prepaid phone card should be used within this period of first use.
- Rounding varies from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. This is the basic unit for measuring the duration of a phone call. For
example, your call time is 10 minutes and 45 seconds: if rounding is 1 min, your call time will be rounded up to 11 minutes; if
rounding is 3 min, your call time will be rounded up to 12.
Some tips to choose the best calling card:
- A card with the lowest rate is not always the best one.
- For a short-term, if you intend to make a lot of long calls, use the cards with the
lowest rates. Usually, they have a
maintenance fee. The maintaining services allow you to trace phone calls. This fee will be taken from your phone card balance every
one or two weeks. The more weeks are, the more money you lose. The optimal duration of this short-term period is 3 - 12 weeks.
- For a long-term and if you make phone calls just once in a while, use the cards without maintenance fee. These cards usually
have higher rates, but you don't have to worry about your phone card balance going down if you do not call.
- Often the best choice is a card, which has no connection/maintenance fees.
- Pay attention if a card has local or toll-free access numbers. Rates are usually higher in the last case. However, in the
former case you cannot call to countries with other local access numbers.
- Pay attention to a rounding period as well. The higher this period is and the more frequently you call, the more money you
- Go to Phone Card Ratings from EvoCallus.com.
- Know what figures tell about phone cards here.
- Many people have already found the best calling cards here.
They are using them again and again. Follow them.
- Try to penetrate this:
And finally, the array of prepaid calling cards is dazzling. Don't be daunted, though. You can always go back later and
review order to keep or remove it as needed. In the last case, your money will be back you if your call time is left.
Read also how to choose the cheapest phone cards online here.
Reverse Phone Lookup Service
Welcome to the best online detective. Includes background checks, public records
and more. Search by phone or name. Compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and other mobile cell phones. Reverse lookup and trace any phone